New Moon

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Inspiring Quotes

I have been reading a lot of the General Conference talks and a more of an uplifting book and have had a lot of great quotes really pop out at me.  I thought I would share:

"Every one of us is more beloved to the Lord Than we can possibly  understand or imagine.  Let us therefore be kinder to one another and kinder toward ourselves..."
-Elder Robert D. Hales
With the media controlling our society I think this is a beautiful reminder to all of us. 

"The purpose of life is to discover your gift.  The meaning of life is to give your gift away."
-David Viscott

"I don't know what your destiny will be, but this I know: the only ones among you who will be truly  happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve."
-Albert Scheweitzer, humanitarian.

Service, service, service.  Something that I always say I am going to do, but never actually get around to doing.  This is an amazing time of the year to be looking for people to serve and start the habit of it and continue on through the next year. 

1 comment:

  1. Going along with the service thing.... Kyle gave me a book by Deiter F. Uchtdorf and on the back it says:

    "In the end, the number of prayers we say may contribute to our happiness, but the number of prayers we answer may be of greater importance."

    I love love love this!

    ReplyDelete