New Moon

Friday, September 9, 2011

Cupcake Stand

So I am obsessed with this website called Pinterest.  (Pinterest.com)  I have mentioned it in my blog before and I am pretty sure everyone who reads this already knows about it.  Anyway they have a lot of DIY crafts to do, and one of them was a cupcake stand.  I love making cupcakes and  I have been wanting to make a cute stand for them for a long time now and just got around to doing it. 

I went to the DI and found a few cute plates that I wanted to use, all of different sizes.  I also bought two old candlesticks and some crazy glue.  While I was putting the crazy glue on the candlesticks to put onto the plate, I got some in my hair!!  Ahhh I was freaking out.  My parents were up in their room sleeping and I was so tempted to go up and say "I know this is going to take you back a few years, but I have glue in my hair and don't know how to get it out!!"  I just decided to finish the project and deal with it later.  Probably not the smartest thing to do, but once it dried I just combed it out.  Luckily.

Anyway back to the cupcake stand.  I used crazy glue, so far it is working well, but I think that something stronger would be better to use.  I still think it turned out good though!



Tuuuhhhdahhhhh!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great work on the cupcake stand babe. It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It took me so long to get around to doing it and only 3 or 4 minutes to actually make it. Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete